There’s a bit uncertainty about the launch date of Spotify in India. If you’re a user of Amazon Fire TV in India, you cannot install Spotify from the amazon.in app store. Here’s a solution to access Spotify on your TV.
- Turn on “Apps from Unknown Sources” from Settings > Device > Developer options
- Download and install ES File Explorer File Manager from the “Apps” section of your Fire TV.
- Open ES File Explorer File Manager, and install one of the cloud file hosting services like Google Drive or Dropbox available there. Microsoft’s OneDrive worked for me. Sign-in to OneDrive.
- Download the Spotify for Android TV .apk file on your computer and add it to your OneDrive account.
- Assuming that the .apk file is synchronized in the cloud, open OneDrive, and install it.
- Sing-in to Spotify. Enjoy.
UPDATE — 26 FEBRUARY 2019