I wanted an SSL certificate here at One Light for a long time. It’s just that the cost of one stopped me from installing it.
With a simple Google search, I was able to get started. Here are the simple steps that I followed:
- Sign up for a Cloudflare account.
- Add your website to Cloudflare.
- Collect your API key.
- Install the official Cloudflare plugin for WordPress.
- Add your email and Cloudflare API key in your WordPress plugin settings.
- Change your nameserver (NS) records to point to Cloudflare through your registrar (GoDaddy in my case).
- On the Cloudflare website, turn on necessary security-related settings, including “Always use HTTPS” under “Crypto” settings.
Thank you, Cloudflare for the free SSL certificate.